Green Sauce (Salsa Verde)
Small Bites & Appetizers
Make this homemade green sauce in minutes. This simple Salsa Verde recipe is a Taco Tuesday must have!
- ¼ cup Magical Avocado Oil
- 7 Green Tomatoes de-husked and washed (1 pound)
- ½ White Onion cut in quarters
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Serrano Peppers
- 1 small Jalapeno
- ½ cup Cilantro
- Water (enough to cook the ingredients)
- 1 cup Water (separated from above)
- Salt to Taste
- In a medium sauce pot add the peppers tomatoes onion and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the chilies and tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Remove ¾ -1 cup of the cooking water and set aside for later.
- Strain what is left and then add it to the Magical Butter machine along with the rest of the ingredients and your reserved water.
- Press the BLEND button. Once the cycle is complete run another BLEND cycle.
- You can add more water to achieve a thinner sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with chips and enjoy!