All Natural Beeswax Lip Balm
Topicals & Salves
1 cup Magical Coconut Oil
1 cup Olive Oil
⅓ cup Beeswax
¼ cup Honey
¾ ounce Lemon Grass
⅕ ounce Peppermint
1 lemon Juiced
- Place all the ingredients except beeswax and lecithin into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
Press the Temperature button and select 160ºF; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- Once the cycle is completed filter the mixture and rinse out the pitcher.
- Pour the infused oils back into the pitcher. Add beeswax and lecithin and secure the head.
Press the Temperature button and select 160ºF; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button again.
- Pour the hot lip balm from the machine directly into your sterilized containers immediately after the cycle ends. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE FILTER in this step! (The wax in the lip balm would begin hardening while being poured ruining the filter.)
- While everything is still warm use a paper towel to wipe the machine clean of any excess wax. (DO NOT add cold water to the machine when running a cleaning cycle. This will not clean the machine; instead the cold water will make the wax stick to everything.)
My endless search for an all-natural lip balm has come to an end with this custom recipe. I took my favorite herbs and infused them into a rich mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, and beeswax. You will get excellent coverage for your lips without harsh chemicals or other irritants. Many store-bought lip balms contain alcohol and an excessive amount of menthol, which can create dependency on the product. For a less waxy version, I recommend using less beeswax and more coconut oil.