Amazing Apple Pie
Holiday and Seasonal
- 4 cups ap flour
- 1 cup Magical Olive Oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Finished Dough
- Finished Crust
- Parchment Paper
- 6-7 cups granny Smith apples sliced
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons MagicalButter
- 3 tablespoons organic AP flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl add flour and salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl mix oil and milk then add to flour and mix until smooth. It may look a little oily but that’s normal. Do not worry about overworking the dough.
- Cut the dough in half and roll them into disks.
- Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days and in the freezer for 3 months.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Take 4 sheets for parchment or wax paper and place each pie crust dough on a piece of paper and top with the other piece paper.
- Evenly roll each dough into a circular shape until they're about 1/4-inch thick. The dough should reach the factory edges of the paper and be bigger than your 9-in round pie dish.
- Line the bottom crusts over your pie dish and trim the edges. This dough is very forgiving so don't be afraid to work with it if needed.
- Fill with your apple mixture dot the top of the apples with the butter.
- Roll the top crust so that it fits over the pie.
- Trim the edges press to seal and flute or fork edges.
- Loosely cover the edges with the aluminum foil.
- Cut slits in the top of the crust and place into the middle of your oven and bake 25 minutes remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack and serve either warm or room temperature.
- Cut into 16 slices and enjoy!
- Peel core and slice the apples and put them into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice on the apples while you're slicing so they don't turn brown.
- Now add the brown sugar flour and spices and mix thoroughly.