Apple Pie Pockets
Candies & Desserts
Baked until flakey and golden brown, these apple pie pockets are the perfect comfort food.
- ¼ cup Magical Butter plus 2 tablespoons for brushing pastry tops
- 1 cup Organic CaneSugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Cognac
- ¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Puff-Pastry Sheet
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple; peeled cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the Magical Butter.
- Whisk in the flour to form a roux. Then add the water sugar cognac and brown sugar and stir.
- Bring the pot to a boil; then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer.
- Add the Peeled and Chopped Granny Smith Apple then stir; followed by your Vanilla Bean Paste and Cinnamon.
- Cut your puff-pastry sheet into 4-inch squares. Place 1 teaspoon of apple filling in the middle of the sheet brush a light coating of egg wash all the way around the edges fold and press to seal.
- Brush the tops of each puff with MagicalButter and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Let your Apple Pie Pockets cool for 5 minutes. Best served with vanilla ice-cream enjoy!