Infused Honey Cakes
⅓ cup Infused Coconut Oil
⅓ cup Infused Honey (+ a little extra for a drizzle)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your muffin tins with butter, oil, or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, honey, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, orange juice, and ground cloves. Combine just enough to incorporate the ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Use a cookie dough scoop (about ⅔ full) or spoon out the mixture into your muffin pan cavities. Fill each to about halfway full. Honey cakes batter portioned out into 12 cupcakes.
- Set into the center of the preheated oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15-18 minutes. The honey cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Use a butter knife to circle around the edges and pop each honey cake out of the pan once cooled.