Infused Honey Cakes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your muffin tins with butter, oil, or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, honey, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, orange juice, and ground cloves. Combine just enough to incorporate the ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Use a cookie dough scoop (about ⅔ full) or spoon out the mixture into your muffin pan cavities. Fill each to about halfway full. Honey cakes batter portioned out into 12 cupcakes.
- Set into the center of the preheated oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15-18 minutes. The honey cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Use a butter knife to circle around the edges and pop each honey cake out of the pan once cooled.