Magical Split Pea Soup
Rated 5 stars by 1 users
Soups & Salads
1 cup/ 240 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- 6 cups/1440 ml homemade chicken broth
- 1 pound/450 g organic split peas
- 4-6 smoked turkey drumettes
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot on medium-high heat bring the stock and the turkey wings to a boil. Cover the pot reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and remove the wings.
- Strip the turkey meat from the wings setting it aside for later and transfer the broth into a holding container.
- Return the pot to heat and melt the butter in it; then add the onion carrot salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the broth peas and bay leaf and stir thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to low season the soup with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 45-60 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour your Magical Split Pea Soup into a serving bowl top with the turkey meat and serve. This is so richly satisfying…the definition of comfort on a cold day!